John Marsala Wins PBA50 Allstate Liberty Lanes Midwest/Central Open for 5th Regional Tour Title
Carpentersville, Ill. – John Marsala of St. Louis, Mo., compiled a 5-3 match play record and a 15-game total of 3,465, including bonus pins, to win the PBA50 Allstate Liberty Lanes Midwest/Central Open at Liberty Lanes on Saturday.
Marsala was in second place after seven games of qualifying and climbed his way to the top in the match play round with a 5-3 record, averaging 221 for 15 games. Heading into the final match, Marsala trailed Tom Adcock of Decatur, Ill., by just three pins. Marsala struck out in the 10th frame forcing Adcock to also strike in to stay in the match. The ten-pin stood, handing Marsala the victory with a final score of 237-216.
The PBA Midwest Region travels to Clinton, Iowa on Nov. 6 for the PBA Plaza Lanes Midwest Open. The event is the last stop on the 2020 PBA Midwest Region schedule.
PBA50 ALLSTATE LIBERTY LANES MIDWEST/CENTRAL OPEN
Liberty Lanes, Carpentersville, Ill., Saturday
Final Match Play Standings (after 15 games, including match play bonus pins)
- John Marsala, St. Louis, Mo., 5-3, 3,465, $1,700.
- Tom Adcock, Decatur, Ill., 5-3, 3,417, $1,000.
- Lennie Boresch Jr., Kenosha, Wis., 6-2, 3,314, $800.
- Jeff Johnson, Freeport, Ill., 6-2, 3,300, $750.
- Larry Verble, Mason, Mich., 5-3, 3,241, $700.
- Harry Sullins, Chesterfield Twp., Mich., 3-5, 3,148, $650.
- n-Steve Rogers, Manteno, Ill., 5-3, 3,081, $600.
- Tom Hess, Granger, Iowa, 2-6, 3,048, $590.
- Michael Steil, Wheeling, Ill., 3-5, 3,018, $580.
- n-Rick Hara, Schaumburg, Ill, 4-4, 3,003, $570.
- Steve Kenyon, Grosse Ile, Mich., 2-6, 2,994, $560.
- Pete Weber, St. Ann, Mo, 2-6, 2,985, $550.
n-designates non-PBA member
Editor’s Note: A photo of the winner has been posted in PBA's Media Gallery.
John Weber | PBA Midwest Region Director |
Phone: 314.974.5399 | e-mail: [email protected]|