The PBA Summer Clash on FOX
JUPITER, FL (June 10, 2020) - Who will be the lone survivor when 10 of the greatest bowlers in the world take to the lanes in the PBA Summer Clash this Saturday, June 13, 6-8 pm ET, on FOX?
The PBA Summer Clash special event is the second of consecutive weeks of Go Bowling! PBA Tour action from Bowlero Jupiter in Florida on FOX.
Kris Prather won the inaugural PBA Strike Derby last Saturday as pro bowling marked its return from a pause for COVID-19 with a barrage of 213 total strikes on the live 2-hour telecast.
Prather returns this week for the Summer Clash along with the other seven highest finishers in 2020 Go Bowling! PBA Tour events, joined for the first time by the top two women pros on the PWBA points list, Shannon O'Keefe and Danielle McEwan.
The PBA Summer Clash features the popular, sudden-death one-ball elimination format that has twice garnered the highest bowling TV ratings in more than a decade on FOX. All 10 players in the field begin round one bowling a 10th frame, with the low score eliminated. That process then becomes a one-ball count for the survivors each round and continues on until one player is left standing as the winner-take-all champion.
The players competing and how they qualified for the Summer Clash, in the order they will roll each round:
- Tommy Jones, PBA Hall of Fame Classic champion.
- Sean Rash, PBA Oklahoma Open champion.
- Kyle Troup, PBA Jonesboro Open champion.
- Kris Prather, PBA Tournament of Champions champion.
- Bill O'Neill, PBA Players Championship champion.
- Shannon O'Keefe, No. 1 in 2019 PWBA points.
- Danielle McEwan, No. 2 in 2019 PWBA points.
- Anthony Simonsen, US Open runner-up (champion Jason Belmonte of Australia unable to attend).
- Shawn Maldonado, PBA Indianapolis Open runner-up (champion Jesper Svensson of Sweden unable to attend).
- E.J. Tackett, PBA World Championship third place (champion Belmonte, second place was Simonsen already in).
Viewers can live stream the PBA Summer Clash on the FOX Sports and FOX NOW apps or at FOXSports.com. Select highlights will be available on @FOXSports social handles across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
International fans can watch on FloBowling.com.