Matt O’Grady Wins PBA AMF Woodlawn Lanes Open for Seventh Career Title
Baltimore, Md. – Matt O’Grady of Rahway, N.J., compiled an 8-0 match play record and a 15-game total of 3,874 pins to win the PBA AMF Woodlawn Lanes Open on Sunday.
O’Grady, the 2018 PBA Tournament of Champions winner, started the qualifying round slow with three sub-200 games. He quickly found his footing scoring 279, 246, 236, and 279 in the final four games, which catapulted him into fifth place entering match play finals.
O’Grady’s 256 average over the eight undefeated match-play games padded his margin of victory to 183 pins over runner-up Samuel Anderson of Woodbridge, Va. Anderson, a non-PBA member, who was competing in his fourth PBA event of his career.
With the win, O’Grady earned $2,200 and extended his winning streak to five consecutive seasons with at least one PBA Regional title. Anderson earned $1,300 as the runner-up. Anthony Pepe of Long Island City, N.Y., who won two weeks earlier in the PBA AMF Perry Hall Lanes Open, earned $1,100 for finishing third, while qualifying leader Brandon Runk of Enola, Pa. finished fourth with $900.
The PBA East Region returns to Baltimore for the PBA AMF Towson Lanes Open on Sunday, September 13.
PBA AMF WOODLAWN LANES OPEN
AMF Woodlawn Lanes, Baltimore, Md., Sunday
Final Match Play Standings (after 15 games, including match play bonus pins)
- Matt O’Grady, Rahway, N.J., 8-0, 3,874, $2,200.
- n-Samuel Anderson, Woodbridge, Va., 4-4, 3,691, $1,300.
- Anthony Pepe, Long Island City, N.Y., 6-2, 3,615, $1,100.
- n-Brandon Runk, Enola, Pa., 4-4, 3,614, $900.
- n-Scott Kampf, Levittown, N.Y., 6-2, 3,588, $700.
- John Conroy, Mahopac, N.Y., 4-4, 3,410, $650.
- Tommy Gollick, Oberlin, Pa., 4-4, 3,410, $600.
- Michael Houtz, Myerstown, Pa., 3-5, 3,380, $580.
- John Furey, Howell, N.J., 2-6, 3,358, $560.
- Robert Riggle, Virginia Beach, Va., 3-5, 3,340, $540.
- Todd Sigeti, Lititz, Pa., 2-6, 3,337, $520.
- Danny Wiseman, Baltimore, 2-6, 3,282, $500.
n-designates non-PBA member