8 Beverly Lane
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Thursday, July 6, 2023
- Un-Official Practice Session: 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Orientation Meeting: 6:05 p.m. (Mandatory for all first-time participants, unless excused by the tournament director)
Friday, July 7, 2023
- Roll call is at 8:00 a.m.
- Qualifying starts: 8:30 a.m. – (seven games)
- (If more than 55 entrants, two squads will be used of six games each and will create a four game cashers round – A squad would start at 8:00 a.m.)
- Top twelve players advance to bracket finals, top four qualifiers get a first round bye
- Best of three game matches each round
- Format to be adjusted based on entries
All competitors and non-competitors will follow the local governmental mandate for the wearing of facemasks. The PBA encourages social distancing when possible. This policy is subject to change or modification.
Oil Pattern will be the same as the PBA South Shore Classic at Olympia Lanes July 10 – 13, 2023 in Hammond, IN
Participant must be a USBC Member in good standing. Non-members must meet PBA average requirements.
- PBA Members: $245
- Non-Members: $310 (money order, cashier’s check or credit card only)
- Entries are open online.
- Online entries close at 12:10 am Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
- After the deadline, make entries directly with the PBA Midwest Region Manager.
Maximum field size is 80 (plus 8 host spots)
Beginning August 1, 2020, the use of a balance hole is prohibited. The rule states all holes in a bowling ball must be used on every delivery; any hole not used is considered a balance hole, making the ball illegal. Bowlers who do not use their thumb no longer can have a thumb hole, as it now is considered a balance hole. They also need to mark their ball to show where they place their palm on delivery.
For a complete list of 2023 Product Registered companies, go to http://www.pba.com/resources/equipmentSponsors.asp?Type=1
Prize Fund (based on 88 entries – 29 checks + 1:5 Senior checks)
- 1st Place is projected to pay $2,500
- Last place in the bracket finals is projected to pay $600
- 2 Super Senior checks are projected to pay $275
- Final cash spot is guaranteed to pay a minimum of $450