PBA Spare Shots: H5G Brands Offers New Line of PBA Replica Jerseys in Time for Christmas
by bvint | Friday, November 30, 1:34 PM
H5G Brands, the PBA’s official dye-sublimated jersey provider, has unveiled a new line of replica jerseys in time for the Christmas gift-giving season.
The new line of jerseys feature new looks and designs that have been worn by many of PBA’s top stars in the past as well as designs that will be worn when the 2019 Go Bowling! PBA Tour season gets underway. Jersey designs include those worn in PBA League competition.
Fans can check out H5G Brands’ (formerly High 5 Gear) line of PBA replica jerseys at: http://h5gbrands.com/bowling/replica-jerseys/pba-pro-replica-jerseys.html or review HG5 Brands’ full line of apparel and related products at http://h5gbrands.com/?SID=250b1bd71rp4inldlpdv6gs5u6. Jerseys are available in a full range of sizes and assorted styles.
PBA TOUR ADDS THREE INTERNATIONAL EVENTS TO 2019 SCHEDULE
The PBA has announced the addition of three international events to the 2019 Go Bowling! PBA Tour schedule, adding to the number of tournaments that will award PBA Tour titles as well as men’s World Bowling Tour competition points.
PBA Tour events that will award WBT points in 2019 are listed below. None of the events will allow handicap pins for women:
● March 12-21 – PBA World Championship, Allen Park, Mich.;
● March 26-April 1 – USBC Masters, Las Vegas;
● July tba – Striking Against Breast Cancer Mixed Doubles, Houston, Texas;
● tba – Illinois Open, Aurora, Ill.;
● tba – U.S. Open;
● Aug. 24-Sept. 9 – Lucky Larsen Masters, Helsingborg, Sweden;
● Sept. 27-Oct. 4 – WBT Thailand Open, Bangkok, Thailand;
● Oct. 31-Nov. 6 – Kuwait Open, Kuwait City, Kuwait.
ILLINOIS NATIVE BOBBY JAKEL TO MANAGE PBA MIDWEST REGION
Jakel, a 49-year-old graduate of Illinois State University where he majored in psychology and bowled with the Redbirds for four years, will become the PBA Midwest Region’s seventh manager, following in the footsteps of Pat Patterson, Ray Bluth, Don McClaren, Dick Weber, John Weber and Rich Weber. He also will continue to manage the PBA Central Region.
“I’m looking forward to handling duties in both regions and seeing Midwest bowlers more often,” Jakel said.
PBA REGIONAL UPDATE: BAILEY WINS SOUTHWEST TITLE IN BEAUMONT
PBA Southwest Region veteran Mike Bailey of Irving, Texas, won his seventh career regional title in the Beaumont Southwest Open Sunday at Crossroads Bowling Center in Beaumont, Texas, defeating Anthony Lavery-Spahr of Pasadena, Texas, by 18 pins to claim the $2,500 first prize.
Bailey posted a 4-4 match play record in the final round, but needed a 258-202 win over Lavery-Spahr in the final match to claim the title. Lavery-Spahr finished with a 4,853 pinfall total for the 21-game event. David Scardaville of Houston was third with 4,653 pins followed by Sean Lavery-Spahr in fourth with a 4,622 total.
● The November PBA Regional calendar comes to a close over the Nov. 30-Dec. 2 weekend with the Knob Hill/MJK Pro Shop Challenge (a non-champions event) presented by Brunswick at Knob Hill Country Lanes in Manalapan, N.J.; the PBA50 Victory Lanes Midwest Open presented by Allstate in Kankakee, Ill.; and the re-scheduled Break Point Alley Member/Non-Member Doubles in Tavares, Fla.
● For complete PBA Regional schedules, rules and entry information, visit pba.com, open the “schedules” tab and click on PBA Regional Tours to find the event(s) in your area…and remember, you can follow “live scoring” for all PBA Regional events on pba.com (easily accessible for Apple and Android device users using the PBA app).