PBA50 Northern California Classic
From: Saturday, May 23, 2020
To: Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Harvest Park Bowl
5000 Balfour Road
Brentwood, CA 94513
Oil Pattern Schedule
- All Rounds - PBA Mark Roth 42
Saturday, May 23
A & B Squad Practice Session: 9 a.m. - Noon
A re-oil of ½ the lanes in use will take place at 10:30 a.m.
Pro-Am squads: 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 7 p.m.
Sunday, May 24
A Squad: 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
B Squad: 1:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday, May 25
B Squad: 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
A Squad: 1:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Top 1/3 advance to the Cashers Round
All pins carryover
Tuesday, May 26
Cashers Round: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
24 bowlers advance to Match Play Round 1
Drop all pins
Match Play Round 1: 12:30 - 5 p.m.
(8 games of match play)
Top 5 bowlers advance to a stepladder final
Drop all pins
Stepladder Practice: 6:10 – 6:30 p.m.
Stepladder Matches: 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Participant must be at least 50 years of age to enter a PBA50 event.
Participant must be a USBC member in good standing.
Entries Open March 9, 2020
Beginning March 9, enter online or download the 2020 PBA50 entry form and email to:
Mary von Krueger
Tournament Entries Coordinator
Phone: (206) 332-9688
*Entries will not be accepted over the phone.
Entry fees must be received at least two weeks prior to the start date of the tournament. An administrative fee of $25 will be assessed for all payments made after the payment deadline date.
Entry fees received onsite will incur an administrative fee of $50.
Maximum Field Size
PBA Lane Pattern
PBA Mark Roth 42
A mandatory meeting for all non-members will be held 30 minutes prior to the first practice session. Non-members are welcome and encouraged to experience PBA50 Tour events providing they average 200 in their most recent league season with at least 36 games bowled.
Estimated Prize Fund Information
Estimated Entries (100)
Estimated Cash Spots (33)
Super Senior Cash Spots (8)
Estimated Prize Fund
1st Place: $8000
2nd Place: $4500
3rd Place: $2800
4th Place: $2300
5th Place: $2000
24th Place: $1250 …..
Remaining Cashers: $1100 each
Super Senior Cash Spots (Ages 60+) $1000 each
New 2020 PBA50 & PBA60 Bracket Challenge
The new “Bracket Challenge” program for PBA50 Tour events will work as follows:
- There will be separate divisions for PBA50 and PBA60 players.
- No additional entry fee will be required for PBA members entered in the tournament.
- The Bracket Challenge is open to PBA members only.
- Day 1 of qualifying – Top 24 in each division advance based on total pins of Games 1,2,3, and 4.
- Day 2 of qualifying – Top 24 in each division enter single-game-elimination bracket match play beginning in game 1.
- Guaranteed prize money in each division: 1st Place: $250, 2nd Place $150, 3rd Place $100.
- A season long point list will be maintained based on PBA50 and PBA60 bracket finishes in 13 of 15 events on the PBA50 Tour schedule. 1st (12pts.), 2nd (10 pts.), 3rd (8 pts.), 4th-6th (6pts.), 7th-12th (4 pts.), 13th-24th (2 pts.) The USBC tournaments listed on the PBA50 Tour schedule are not included in the Bracket Challenge.
- The top 24 points leaders in each division advance to a final bracket to be held in Jackson, Mich. Qualifiers 1-8 in each division will receive one bye round.
- Guaranteed final bracket prize money in each division: 1st $5,000, 2nd $2,500, 3rd-4th $1,000, 5th-8th $750, 9th-16th $500, 17th-24th $250.
- A PBA member starting the season in the PBA50 division, who turns 60 during the season will have the choice of remaining in the PBA50 division or starting over entirely in the PBA60 division. PBA members must have bowled a minimum six events of the 13 “in the same age-group division” to be eligible to compete in the final bracket in Jackson, Mich.
- A non-member who joins the PBA may begin compiling points at the time he joins.
- The Bracket Challenge will not award a PBA50 or PBA60 title.
Parking will be roped off on the Balfour side of Harvest Park Bowl. Electric and Water will be provided at no charge to the players.
Please check back for golf information.
Big Jim’s Worldwide Famous Cookout
Big Jim’s Cookout is scheduled for Sunday, May 24. Don’t miss it!