PBA50 Lubbock Sports Cup, presented by South Plains Lanes & Storm (To Be Rescheduled)
From: Sunday, May 17, 2020
To: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
South Plains Lanes
5150 69th St.
Lubbock, TX 79424
Oil Pattern Schedule
- All Rounds - PBA Cheetah 33
Dates are now May 17-20, 2020 due to hotel rates and availability,
Sunday, May 17
A & B Squad Practice Session: 1 - 4 p.m.
½ of the lanes will be re-oiled at 2:30 p.m.
Pro-Am Squads: 5 p.m.
Monday, May 18
A Squad: 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
B Squad: 3 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(8 games of qualifying)
Tuesday, May 19
B Squad: 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
A Squad: 3 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(8 games of qualifying)
Top 1/3 (to the highest even number up to 40) advance to Match Play Round One
All pins carryover
Wednesday, May 20
Match Play Round One: 8 – 11 a.m.
Top 16 bowlers advance to Match Play Round Two
No Re-oil between squads
All pins carryover
Match Play Round Two: 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Top 5 bowlers advance to a stepladder final
Drop all pins
Stepladder Practice: 8:55 – 9:15 p.m.
Stepladder Matches: 9:15 – 10:45 p.m.
Participant must be at least 50 years of age to enter a PBA50 event.
Participant must be a USBC member in good standing.
Entries Open March 9, 2020
Beginning March 9, enter online or download the 2020 PBA50 entry form and email to:
Mary von Krueger
Tournament Entries Coordinator
Phone: (206) 332-9688
*Entries will not be accepted over the phone.
Entry fees must be received at least two weeks prior to the start date of the tournament. An administrative fee of $25 will be assessed for all payments made after the payment deadline date.
Entry fees received onsite will incur an administrative fee of $50.
Maximum Field Size
PBA Lane Pattern
PBA Cheetah 33
A mandatory meeting for all non-members will be held 30 minutes prior to the first practice session. Non-members are welcome and encouraged to experience PBA50 Tour events providing they average 200 in their most recent league season with at least 36 games bowled.
Jimbo and Sunday Evans
Early Arrival Note
For PBA players arriving before May 16, Jimbo and Sunday Evans will be providing free practice when lanes are available.
Estimated Prize Fund Information
Estimated Entries (100)
Estimated Cash Spots (33)
Super Senior Cash Spots (8)
Estimated Main Prize Fund
1st Place $15000
2nd Place $7500
3rd Place $4500
4th Place $2500
5th Place $2000
6th Place $1800
7th Place $1700
8th Place $1650
9th Place $1600
10th Place $1550
11th Place $1500
12th Place $1480
13th Place $1460
14th Place $1440
15th Place $1420
16th Place $1400
17th Place $1350
18th Place $1340
19th Place $1330
20th Place $1320
21st Place $1310
22nd Place $1300
23rd Place $1290
24th Place $1280
25th Place $1270
26th Place $1260
27th Place $1250
28th Place $1240
29th Place $1230
30th Place $1220
31st Place $1210
32nd Place $1200
Remaining Cashers $1000 each
Super Senior Cash Spots (Ages 60+) $1000 each
New 2020 PBA50 & PBA60 Bracket Challenge
The new “Bracket Challenge” program for PBA50 Tour events will work as follows:
- There will be separate divisions for PBA50 and PBA60 players.
- No additional entry fee will be required for PBA members entered in the tournament.
- The Bracket Challenge is open to PBA members only.
- Day 1 of qualifying – Top 24 in each division advance based on total pins of Games 1,2,3, and 4.
- Day 2 of qualifying – Top 24 in each division enter single-game-elimination bracket match play beginning in game 1.
- Guaranteed prize money in each division: 1st Place: $250, 2nd Place $150, 3rd Place $100.
- A season long point list will be maintained based on PBA50 and PBA60 bracket finishes in 13 of 15 events on the PBA50 Tour schedule. 1st (12pts.), 2nd (10 pts.), 3rd (8 pts.), 4th-6th (6pts.), 7th-12th (4 pts.), 13th-24th (2 pts.) The USBC tournaments listed on the PBA50 Tour schedule are not included in the Bracket Challenge.
- The top 24 points leaders in each division advance to a final bracket to be held in Jackson, Mich. Qualifiers 1-8 in each division will receive one bye round.
- Guaranteed final bracket prize money in each division: 1st $5,000, 2nd $2,500, 3rd-4th $1,000, 5th-8th $750, 9th-16th $500, 17th-24th $250.
- A PBA member starting the season in the PBA50 division, who turns 60 during the season will have the choice of remaining in the PBA50 division or starting over entirely in the PBA60 division. PBA members must have bowled a minimum six events of the 13 “in the same age-group division” to be eligible to compete in the final bracket in Jackson, Mich.
- A non-member who joins the PBA may begin compiling points at the time he joins.
- The Bracket Challenge will not award a PBA50 or PBA60 title.
There will be a designated area for motor home parking on the west side of the bowling center. Water will be available.