PBA50 Johnny Petraglia BVL Open, presented by Lucas Magazine & Brunswick (To Be Rescheduled)
From: Sunday, April 19, 2020
To: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Maple Lanes Countryside
27867 US Highway 19 N
Clearwater, FL 33761
Oil Pattern Schedule
- Qualifying Round 1 - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
- Qualifying Round 2 - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
- Cashers Round - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
- Match Play Round 1 - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
- Match Play Round 1 - Position - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
- Stepladder Match 1 - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
- Stepladder Match 2 - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
- Stepladder Match 3 - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
- Stepladder Final - PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
Sunday, April 19
A & B Squads Practice Session: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
A re-oil of ½ the lanes in use will take place at 9:30 a.m.
Pro-Am Squads: Noon, 2:30, 5:30 p.m.
Monday, April 20
A Squad: 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
B Squad: 2 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
(7 games of qualifying)
Tuesday, April 21
B Squad: 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
A Squad: 2 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
(7 games of qualifying)
Top 1/3 advance to the Cashers Round
All pins carryover
Wednesday, April 22
Cashers Round: 9 a.m. – Noon
Top 24 bowlers advance to Match Play Round 1
Drop all pins
Match Play Round 1: 1 - 5:30 p.m.
(8 games of match play)
Top 5 bowlers advance to a stepladder final
Drop all pins
Stepladder Practice: 6:40 – 7 p.m.
Stepladder Matches: 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Participant must be at least 50 years of age to enter a PBA50 event.
Participant must be a USBC member in good standing.
Entries Open March 9, 2020
Beginning March 9, enter online or download the 2020 PBA50 entry form and email to:
Mary von Krueger
Tournament Entries Coordinator
Phone: (206) 332-9688
*Entries will not be accepted over the phone.
Entry fees must be received at least two weeks prior to the start date of the tournament. An administrative fee of $25 will be assessed for all payments made after the payment deadline date.
Entry fees received onsite will incur an administrative fee of $50.
Maximum Field Size
PBA Lane Pattern
PBA Johnny Petraglia 46
A mandatory meeting for all non-members will be held 30 minutes prior to the first practice session. Non-members are welcome and encouraged to experience PBA50 Tour events providing they average 200 in their most recent league season with at least 36 games bowled.
John LaSpina, Joe LaSpina, Mark Tibbs
BVL Pro-am Notes
BVL Pro-am Cost:
Youth Bowler Basic Package: $19.99 + tax
Adult Bowler Basic Package: $29.99 + tax
Pro-am Squad Times: Noon (Lucas Magazine Private VIP Party) 2:30 p.m. (Open) & 5:30 p.m. (Open)
Pro-am Contact: Mark Tibbs
General Admission Information
Sunday Practice & Pro-am Sessions: $5 donation to BVL
Monday Qualifying: $10 donation to BVL
Tuesday Qualifying: $10 donation to BVL
Wednesday (All Day Pass): $20 donation to BVL
Wednesday Stepladder Finals: $10 donation to BVL
*All Access Pass (Sunday – Wednesday): $25 donation to BVL
Estimated Prize Fund Information
Estimated Entries (150)
Estimated Cash Spots (50)
Super Senior Cash Spots (8)
1st Place: $7500
2nd Place: $4000
3rd Place: $3000
4th Place: $2500
5th Place: $2000
24th Place: $1275 …..
50th Place: $1100 …..
Remaining Cashers: $1000 each
Super Senior Cash Spots (Ages 60+) $1000 each
New 2020 PBA50 & PBA60 Bracket Challenge
The new “Bracket Challenge” program for PBA50 Tour events will work as follows:
- There will be separate divisions for PBA50 and PBA60 players.
- No additional entry fee will be required for PBA members entered in the tournament.
- The Bracket Challenge is open to PBA members only.
- Day 1 of qualifying – Top 24 in each division advance based on total pins of Games 1,2,3, and 4.
- Day 2 of qualifying – Top 24 in each division enter single-game-elimination bracket match play beginning in game 1.
- Guaranteed prize money in each division: 1st Place: $250, 2nd Place $150, 3rd Place $100.
- A season long point list will be maintained based on PBA50 and PBA60 bracket finishes in 13 of 15 events on the PBA50 Tour schedule. 1st (12pts.), 2nd (10 pts.), 3rd (8 pts.), 4th-6th (6pts.), 7th-12th (4 pts.), 13th-24th (2 pts.) The USBC tournaments listed on the PBA50 Tour schedule are not included in the Bracket Challenge.
- The top 24 points leaders in each division advance to a final bracket to be held in Jackson, Mich. Qualifiers 1-8 in each division will receive one bye round.
- Guaranteed final bracket prize money in each division: 1st $5,000, 2nd $2,500, 3rd-4th $1,000, 5th-8th $750, 9th-16th $500, 17th-24th $250.
- A PBA member starting the season in the PBA50 division, who turns 60 during the season will have the choice of remaining in the PBA50 division or starting over entirely in the PBA60 division. PBA members must have bowled a minimum six events of the 13 “in the same age-group division” to be eligible to compete in the final bracket in Jackson, Mich.
- A non-member who joins the PBA may begin compiling points at the time he joins.
- The Bracket Challenge will not award a PBA50 or PBA60 title.
Motor homes will not be able to park at the bowling center.
Please check back for golf information.